DisneySea

The day after I went hiking, I went to DisneySea (Disneyland's watery nextdoor neighbour counterpart) with Trevor, Reiko and Phil. Not long after we arrived, we met up with two of Reiko's friends, Daisuke and Hiroaki, neither of whom could speak much English. (In fact, Daisuke knew next to nothing.) And yet, we communicated with them and had one of most fun days to my memory. Check out the photos here.

This video was taken at the start of the day as we made our way to the coolest ride of the day - The Tower of Terror. Watch as Trev, the smartarse he always is, waltzes through the water fountain without getting so much as a drop of water on him.



Phil, Trev, Daisuke, Hiroaki and I decided to make things interesting when they otherwise wouldn't be - more specifically, on the lame rides. (Which was many.) We set ourselves the task of high-pitched girl screaming and words of terrified Japanese - and found ourselves generally entertaining the people in the vicinity. On the Flounder rollercoaster in Atlantis, Phil and I were screaming in such elated horror that the little girl in the cart in front of us (who at the start was showing signs of fear at the rollercoaster) couldn't stop laughing, even after she got off the ride.

Perhaps the biggest highlight, though, was when we took to the Indiana Jones ride. As our cart took off slowly, we burst into an acapello rendition of the Indy theme. The crowd of people lined up for the ride cheered us on as we disappeared into the dark tunnel ahead, humming away madly.

After lunch, we found Hiroaki asleep:



Here are some videos of us mucking about in Atlantis:





The awesome day was topped off by the most spectacular light show I've ever seen in my life. Enjoy my incredibly shaky video of a small segment of it:

3 comments:

  1. Wow , it looks like you had a fun day....it is so good to see photos and the little videos too. Its wonderful because we can hear you talking even when you are not in the video. Why didn't you take a video on one of the "lame" rides? too busy holding on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I never thought about it - I was too busy screaming like a girl. (There's a sentence I never thought I'd say in my life.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brendan, good to talk the other night. Looks like Disney was great. the camera seems to work well (you're lucky to have one!!)

    ReplyDelete