Chinese Performance

You may remember the less-than-spectacular Chinese Opera I witnessed a few months ago. Well, undeterred, I attended a Chinese performance last week, showcasing all kinds of acrobatics. Was it good, you ask?

It was incredible.

We were a bit disappointed to find that our seats were right at the back. I wasn't exactly thrilled when the tallest Thai woman I've ever seen planted herself right in front of me.


Fortunately this is Thailand, so the first chance we got, we changed seats. (This may have involved sneaking under three or four strings separating the different sectors of the audience. But at least we got closer to the stage!)

There was some incredible talent on display! I only wish my photos and videos had turned out better. Here are some of the better ones:


This was one of my favourite groups, even though the oldest members were just teens.


Holy crap that's high up...


Rollerskaters twirl through the air... Amazing.


I could do this. I just don't want to right now.


When the music is this epic, you know it's gonna be good.

I was in a really good mood afterwards. I was inspired and all I could think about was learning acrobatics. It took all my self-restraint to keep from attempting to forward-flip all the way back to the car.

My mood lifted even higher when we decided to go to a Japanese restaraunt for a late dinner. Yay!


Happy Chinese New Year everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Didn't they have a warning..."Don't try this at home"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably not. I was, however, surprised that they used a safety cable at times during the performance. Safety first isn't well embraced in Thailand...

    ReplyDelete