Halloween 2009

I am a ninja!



That's right, I ditched the bunny ears and wig from last year and came as something more... comprehensible. Yesterday it was our annual Halloween Party for the kids. Activities included station games (I ran the 'run with a ball on a spoon' game, to much hilarity), a parade around the block (which is conveniently right in the middle of the city - hello free school advertising) and trick-or-treating, where we split up into groups and took the kids to various shops in the area so they could get candy. Yay!

For the latter two activities, the local TV crew were following us around filming. They will especially like their footage of the foreign ninja leading his group of kids into Tully's Coffee to trick-or-treat, before realising awkwardly that the store owners were waiting for us outside the shop with the candy. Quickly backtracking in front of a few dozen live spectators, plus the TV guys. Hmm...

Get this: one of the shops my group was set to trick-or-treat at was closed!! How dodgy is that!!! My kids felt so jibbed, and so did I. But it was nice when the TV crew interviewed 2 of the girls from my group. Man, those girls did so well. Can't wait to see the footage that aired.

Photos of the halloween party here.

5 comments:

  1. Great photos.
    I got Elise to get some lollies as I had forgotten but we didnt get ANY trick or treaters!! Not ONE!!!!
    The lollies have nearly all gone though! I was looking for your scary mask as i was going to scare the kids...and then give them lollies but I couldn't find it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha... That Ninja costume... I'm sure I've seen it before somewhere.

    Hmmmmm

    スペドスツでしょよう? :P

    Or are we still in denile? Is it still 'Room Wear?'

    ReplyDelete
  3. No trick-or-treaters? Bah, kids these days! Halloween is huge here. I had about 6 kids forcing candy on me. I didn't want it! But they were so intent on being generous, and in the end I just couldn't say no.

    ルームウェアだよ! You'll be taking that back when I sneak up behind you - in my invisibly black room-wear - and start spinning shurikens into your body.

    Besides, who else would waltz around the city in a tracksuit made for sleeping in? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol... only u would turn pj's into a costume :P it must have been super comfy though :P

    next yr u need to get a full on AWSOME costume!!!!!!!

    ur kids are soooo dam cute!~ bring some back as a suviner next ur home :P hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, my ninja costume WAS full-on awesome!!!

    But I'll forgive you because you said my kids are cute. :) Dats a good Taz.

    ReplyDelete