Disneyland!

While Michael dreams of reuniting with his inner child in the wonderous land of Disney, I spent a day there half-wishing I hadn't gone.

Here is a pictureIt was very much a case of the walking wounded, between Kym's dislocated shoulder, Phil's broken collarbone, and my stomach bug. I'd had an awesome Indian dinner the night before, and spent the following seven hours vomitting up my mango milk, only half-chewed chicken masala, and cheese-nan bread. But that wasn't going to stop me from going to Disneyland!

Besides, it was our reunion with Team Tokyo - Reiko's friends Hiroaki, who can fit a 500 yen coin into his nose, and Daisuke, who was told off at DisneySea for attempting to jump out of King Triton's shellfish ride. You have to watch Hiroaki's impersonation of Pooh as he shovels honey popcorn into his gob.



Those guys crack me up - they just have so much personality. One might even say they're personality personified! That's right, I went there.

We couldn't go on any of the good rides, unfortunately, but it was more just a day to hang out together. The highlight was undoubtedly the lead-up to Reiko meeting Mickey Mouse - I've never seen an adult so excited in my life - and her heartbreak afterwards, as Mickey pushed her to get into the photo. (Well, he pushed me, too, but I didn't go around calling him "Evil Mickey" for the rest of the day.)



Oh, and here's this video from a few weeks ago, taken at Jigokudani, that I promised Taz I'd upload.

5 comments:

  1. I need to know what thang tang is now,so you can be a nice boy and tell me, because Michael wont and I have not got the patients to wait 60 days,come on boy a darling!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, there are only 59 days left now. ^_^

    Your best bet of learning what Thang Tang is is to click here. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive already seen that Dumb man before

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Brendan..well not the ideal place to wish you Happy Birthday but it's from us to you with love & best wishes! Keep having fun : )

    Tony, Nicky, Max & Becky xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks :) And don't worry, I will!

    ReplyDelete