New Layout

I'm still working on this layout, but I was pretty sick of the old one. Times are changing, and I figured so should the look of my blog. Please let me know what you think (especially if it doesn't fit on your page properly).

As of today, it's officially been 9 months since I arrived in Japan. That means it's time for me to start discussing my contract. Whatever happens, I've already decided I won't be back in Australia for 2009. If I don't stay in Japan, I'll move to China. For some reason, that decision is pretty clear to me.

My winter vacation is now half over, and so far it's been a busy one. I spent Christmas Eve, Boxing Day and the day after with the Beavises. Yesterday I went to a Mochitsuki party, which is rare even by Japanese standards. (Mochi is pounded steamed rice that's been made into cake/sweets.) Not to mention my greatest journey around Japan yet, which took me through the cities of Osaka, Nara, Uji, Kyoto and Tokyo. I'll get the photos of that up pretty soon, but I've also got a heap of video footage from it too. I need to edit and subtitle some parts, so that will take a bit longer to get up.

In two days, 2008 will take its final gasp. Maybe I should be sad, to see the year that brought me a new life with so much happiness disappear forever. But I know that 2009 is already shining with so many new opportunities and experiences. And I can't wait!

1 comments:

  1. so after 9 months i have decided i miss you and you need to come home....

    but seeing as you're so intent on staying on the other side of the world i guess i'll just have to come and visit you :o)

    ReplyDelete