Hello from Nagano!

Hey everyone! Now that I've finally got my laptop after a 6-week wait (I named it Lightning), as well as internet, I figured it's high-time I set this account up so people can see what I've been up to. After unsuccessfully trying Facebook (I had it for no more than 7 hours before I got fed up with it and deactivated it), I've now decided to use trusty old Blogger.

I've now been in Nagano, Japan, for over 6 weeks, and I'm having the time of my life. For those who haven't heard, I'm really enjoying my job, despite the long hours. And my colleagues are a lot of fun to hang around. My youngest student is 1 year old and my oldest is over 60 years old. Sure, I might not know much Japanese, but everyone here has been amazingly kind. I couldn't be more grateful for being here.

I live by myself in a 3-room apartment (plus kitchen, bathroom, etc.). Already I've dished out probably close to $2000 (AU) on things like furniture and whatnot, including a $500 (AU) keyboard and a beanbag. For those who haven't heard about my beanbag, it is my pride and joy.

Nagano is a pretty quiet city, completely surrounded by mountains (which is absolutely amazing). There are no skyscrapers or human oceans here (like you'd find on the streets of Tokyo), but it's a beautiful city, so friendly, and very peaceful. Nagano is already like a second Melbourne to me, and I keep growing more and more attached to it.

Anyway, I'll never send this post if I keep chattering away. Although it will be impossible to include all the amazing experiences I'm having here, I'll definitely post what I can (without going overboard), as well as photos and the like. And if you have any questions about anything, please feel free to ask!

1 comments:

  1. ah... I'm glad you asked... There are three types of triangles. An isosceles triangle has two sides the same, and thusly two angle which are the same, and congruent to the same two sides. An equilateral triangle has all three sides the same, and thusly all three angles will be sixty degrees. An equilateral triangle is an isosceles triangle, but an isosceles triangle is not necessarily an equilateral one. All triangles angles add up to 180 degrees. Then of course you have a scalene triangle which has all sides and angles being different. I do hope this clears up our little... misunderstanding?

    ReplyDelete