From Winter to Spring

It's now been nearly a full year since my return to Japan. Winter's worst is done, and two days ago was - as far as I'm concerned - the first real day of spring. There was a slight warmth to the breeze, carrying the flowery scents of the new season. So, as this new season begins, here are some photos of my winter adventures.

Chris and Tuck, friends of mine in Thailand, came to visit

Skiing with Phil, Amy and Yukiko

Skiing with Kudou-sensei (a teacher from the nearby junior high school), Junta and Amy

One of the great things about skiing is the scenery

While the skiing hasn't finished, I think eight times is enough for one season

I celebrated my birthday with friends, joining celebrations with Traci and Momoko, who also have March birthdays. Instead of the usual birthday cake routine, we were each given a plain cake, toppings, and 15 minutes to decorate. You can't see it, but I put sliced strawberries and a layer of chocolate icing in the middle layer of mine.

Traci, Momoko and I holding the cakes we decorated

Imai-sensei and I teaching Amy how to ice-skate...

...followed by a late lunch of by far the closest thing to a chicken parma I've seen in Japan

With the end of the season comes the end of the school year.

I came into the English room and found these messages, written by two of my grade one girls

With graduation looming, we had a kind of party for the grade sixes. They entered the gym to applause beneath rainbows of flowers held by the grade fives.


There was a video of the grade six students, showing photos from the past six years. Also, each grade did a kind of performance for them. The grade twos versed them in this game... and won.



At the end of the party, the grade sixes left in the same way they'd come.



And, in the days approaching their graduation, they came to realise that their last season here was drawing to an end.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment